Our Privacy & Security Policy
Your Privacy Is Our Policy
This Privacy Statement is provided by Fireplace Warehouse Ltd (referred to as “FPW Ltd”, "us", "our" or "we" in this statement) for the information of visitors (referred to as "you" or "your" in this statement) to our web site.
We wish to demonstrate our firm commitment to your rights to privacy. This is why we have drawn up the privacy guidelines set out below. You will probably appreciate that these guidelines will need to change over time. We will post changes to this page when such changes are necessary.
1. Governing Law
The information contained in this Privacy Statement shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
2. Who are we?
This web site is owned and controlled by FPW Ltd.
The full postal address is: Fireplace Warehouse Ltd, 137 Wellington Road North, Stockport, Manchester, SK4 2PF.
Telephone: 0161 491 8969 Fax: 0161 432 7045 - E-mail address: email@example.com.
Fireplace Warehouse Ltd is registered in England and Wales. The company registration number is 05383529.
The registered office of the company is Lowfield House, 222 Wellington Rd South, Stockport, SK2 6RS.
3. Data Protection Act
Fireplace Warehouse Ltd has notified the Data Protection Commissioner under the terms of the Data Protection Act that it may obtain information about data subjects. Registration Number:
4. Information gathered by us
You will appreciate that we need to gather some personal information from you when you wish to buy our products or services. The full details of the information we need is set out on the relevant forms throughout the site.
- • Any information that is gathered from visitors to or customers of this web site is not sold, made available to, or otherwise distributed to third parties for any purpose unless you give us permission to do so.
- • We may, on occasions, collect additional personal information from surveys and contests, which you will be under no obligation fill in or return to us.
- • The information you provide will enable us to provide information about our company to you and to contact you. We will only provide this information where you indicate that you wish to receive further information from us on a regular basis.
- • We also collect demographic and profile data on our web site. This information may be combined with other forms of information to permit us to bring together, in aggregate form, information about the people who use our web site. Such information will enable us to understand, in general terms, user preferences in relation to the content of the web site and the effectiveness of the advertising.
5. Information that is automatically logged
When you enter our web site, we use your Internet protocol ("IP") address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our web site and to help identify you. We also have the ability to know what type of operating system and browser software you use and to identify the geographical location of your browser. Your IP address is also used by us to gather broad demographic information and for other purposes, such as monitoring visitor frequency.
7. What we do with the information we collect
The information in aggregate form permits us to carry out an analysis of user behaviour in general. This allows us to measure overall interest in our web site and to help us develop the web site to make it more interesting in general terms. We will also be able to inform advertisers how many users have clicked on to the various advertisements displayed on our web site. The analysis we perform does not include any personal information provided by you. We merely use the aggregate form of the information for these purposes. We will not provide any personal information to any third party unless you give us specific authority to do so. You have the option on the relevant order form to indicate whether you wish to receive promotional e-mail about the services that we and our advertisers offer. We will not send you any such promotional e-mail if you do not indicate your agreement to receive such information.
8. Sharing information
We share the information we gather with advertisers and other partners. The information we share comprises information in aggregate form only. We do not share personal information about anybody unless we have your specific permission to do so.
9. Registration and order forms, surveys and contests
Our order forms, surveys and contests ask you to provide us with your contact details, such as name, postal and e-mail addresses. The information you provide will enable us to provide information about our company to you and to contact you. We will only provide this information where you indicate that you wish to receive further information from us on a regular basis.
10. Telling you what information we hold about you
If you wish to know what information we hold about you, please contact us. We will only send this information to the address we have on file.
11. Removing and correcting information
If you request the removal of your personal information from our database or you wish us to amend or change the information we hold about you on our database, we will remove or amend any such information on your contacting us to request such a change (see point 2 for our full contact details).
12. Data quality
You may change and modify the information you have previously provided to us by contacting us (see point 2 for our full contact details).
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, about how we run the web site or concerning your dealings with our web site, please send an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org