In an ideal world every customer would love the item that they’ve just purchased, but we live in the real world, and we know that sometimes there are going to be situations where the item you’ve ordered and had delivered isn’t suitable for your requirements. In the unlikely event that the item you purchased is not suitable and you want to return the goods we are pleased to offer all customers a 14 Day No Quibble Refund giving you peace of mind when you’re buying something off the internet. This will give you 14 days in which to decide to keep the goods or return them to us for a refund.
This meets our legal obligations to our customers under the Consumer Contract Regulations which came into force on 13/06/2014. These regulations state that a person who has ordered a product online, over the phone or via a catalogue has the unconditional right to cancel the order within 14 days of delivery without having to give us a reason. The 14 days starts from the day of delivery. To cancel your order you need to notify us, by e-mail, or letter. We recommend e-mail as it keeps a record of your cancellation and any subsequent communications. I am afraid that we cannot accept cancellations by phone.
Returns are often the result, of the incorrect goods being chosen for your needs and usage and in particular the size of the goods not being suitable for the space available. If you are in doubt before you purchase, please contact our Sales Team by email or phone (full details are at the end of this policy). Our resident experts can guide and assist you in choosing the right product and by default reducing the possibility of you having to return the goods because of the incorrect product being chosen and therefore any additional cost that a return would lead to. If you are in any doubt with regards to your installation, we would recommend that you contact a HETAS or Gas Safe engineer prior to ordering so they can guide you through the process and help you choose the correct product and installation system.
If you wish to return the items you ordered, then in accordance with our legal obligations we will issue a full refund on the purchase price of the goods, subject to the goods being returned to us in the original packaging and in a good or unused condition. If the goods are returned in any other condition, we will contact you so we can discuss the next stage. We would advise you to take an image(s) of the product prior to the return, so you could send them to us and keep for your own records. Please note that we cannot refund for any additional delivery service if you have chosen to return the goods as unsuitable and the cost of the return is borne by the customer.
- Please inform us via email (details are at the end of the policy) or other form of durable medium within 14 days from delivery that you wish to return your order.
- Our returns team will then contact you so we can firstly, let you know the returns process including images, send you a returns form, let you know the costs involved and subsequently arrange a suitable collection date. NB please note that due to the demands on the pallet networks at present we cannot guarantee that the arranged date can be met although every effort to keep to it will be made. If the arrangements are made over the phone, we will confirm them by email.
- Arranged By Us.
To save you the inconvenience of arranging the return yourself as most of the items that we sell are quite large and heavy and could be damaged in transit if handled incorrectly, we can arrange to have the item(s) collected from your address. Please note that the goods would have to be ready for collection by the appropriate service we have arranged and in case of pallet returns that the item repacked as it was received and is securely strapped (ratchet straps are usually the best) onto the pallet to avoid any damage. Please note that drivers cannot enter the property or transport palleted goods over gravel or steps. Our team would guide you through the process to make life as easy for you as possible and recommend how to secure/repack items.
The costs for this service would be
Parcel Collection £40 per parcel
Pallet Collection £140 per pallet
We would specify which service we would use for the collection, and the fee will reflect the service that the goods were originally delivered on. The goods must be suitably packaged to ensure that they would not be damaged in transit and that we would receive them in a re-saleable condition. The collection charge would be deducted from the overall refund. If the order was placed using our finance options, we might need to take an additional payment if the deposit does not cover the collection cost.
When we or one of our agents receives the goods back, they will be checked to ensure that the goods have been returned in their original packaging and in a resaleable condition. Subject to this we will process your refund within 5-10 days (the majority are normally processed by us in the same working week. Please allow some additional time for the banking network to process the refund). If the goods are not returned in a resalable condition, then we reserve the right to deduct an amount from your refund to return the item to a saleable condition. We would contact you in this event as soon as possible.
- Arranged By You.
If you wish you can arrange to return the items yourself. You would need to let us know via email or other durable medium that this is what you intended to do, so we could confirm the returns address to you, as several of our items have different return locations depending on the product and if there were any instructions that you needed to make your courier aware of. Emails will enable all of us to keep a record of our interaction to avoid any issues that might occur. Our team would guide you through the process to make life as easy for you as possible. Please remember that the goods must be returned as they were received and securely attached to any pallet if this was their delivery method.
When we or one of our agents receives the goods back, they will be checked to ensure that the goods have been returned in their original packaging and in a resaleable condition. Subject to this we will process a refund within 5-10 days (the majority are normally processed by us in the same working week. Please allow some additional time for the banking network to process the refund). If the goods are not returned in a resalable condition, then we reserve the right to deduct an amount from your refund to return the item to a saleable condition. We would contact you in this event as soon as possible.
In the rare event the item you receive is damaged/faulty please note the below.
- If you receive a product that is clearly damaged, please contact us immediately either via phone on 0161 376 4181 (Option 2) or email [email protected]. The driver would be expected to wait. If you cannot get hold of us or the driver refuses to wait, please refuse the delivery.
- Once you have taken delivery of your item, please ensure that you check it for any obvious damage within 48 hours so if there are any issues, we can note this on your order and follow up on your behalf so we can reach a satisfactory solution asap and avoid disappointment if the item is not being fitted immediately.
- In accordance with the terms of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, if your product is damaged or develops a fault within 30 days of purchase, it is your responsibility to notify us. Just let us know and you’ll be able to return your product for a full refund, or have it repaired or replaced whichever is preferable. If a fault or damage is reported after 30 days of delivery, our customer service will work with you to resolve any issue as best we can in conjunction with the manufacturer under their warranty terms & conditions.
If you wish to return an item, please email [email protected] or phone 0161 376 4181 Option 2
If you wish to discuss your purchase, please email [email protected] or phone 0161 376 4181 Option 1
If you have any issue regarding damage/faults, please email our customer service department [email protected] or phone 0161 376 4181 Option 2
Direct Fireplaces Returns Team.